check it out. Now, for the rooting procedure on the Galaxy Prevail running Android 2.3.6, read on!
I. Before You Begin
1. This procedure roots your device by flashing a prerooted ROM, which means you will most definitely lose all your data; so back up what’s important before you proceed.
2. Make sure you have the necessary drivers installed before you proceed; if you aren’t sure, download the package in the next section and run SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones_x86.exe from it before you proceed.
II. Necessary Downloads
SPHM820_FE16_ROOT_CWM.zip (Prerooted ROM with ClockworkMod Recovery).
III. Rooting the Galaxy Prevail
1. Put your device into Download mode. To do this, with your device powered down, press and hold the Camera, Volume Down and Power buttons until you “Downloading” on your device’s display.
2. Connect your device to your Windows PC.
3. Extract the FF19_ROOTED.zip you downloaded above to a folder on your desktop.
4. From the extracted folder, double-click on odin Multi_Downloader_v4.43.exe to run it.
5. Load files from the extracted folder on to Odin by clicking on the relevant buttons as you see in the screenshot below.
6.Click start let it go by itself trust me it works i did mines
7.Now you rooted and have cwm pick up a rom for it
8.when everything is done you like it
Roms for this phone only
leave comments and post if you have a problem
here is the file to download dont mess with csc just follow the screen shots
Last edited by Admin (June 5, 2013 7:11 PM)